The key to preventing future complications is to ensure Medicare patients adhere to their individualized care plan 24/7. Primary care practices with large Medicare populations face this struggle daily, and failure of compliance from these patients can lead to health complications.
Change is needed for patients to implement their health care plan and for physician practices to efficiently use their time and efforts for Medicare patients. In fact, primary care physicians have an average patient panel of 2,300 patients (of which, 40-60% are considered chronic patients). This has led to more than 80% of physicians considering themselves to be either overextended or at full capacity.
Medicare is willing to pay for additional services; however, there is a very low penetration rate (nationally less than ~10%). This manual and cumbersome process of scheduling appointments and care coordination calls between appointments makes it difficult for both the patient and the practice to implement and lower total chronic conditional costs.
In addition, Medicare encourages practices to monitor patients in-between appointments. The inability to efficiently track patients’ changes in health outside the office makes it difficult to deliver these services cost-effectively or to efficiently manage within Medicare and payer reimbursement models.
Most chronic Medicare patients (5%-10%) make up 97% of Medicare costs, and patient non-adherence accounts for 1/3 of their hospitalizations nationally. There is a direct correlation between ongoing patient support with patient adherence and chronic disease maintenance.
There is a solution to help solve patient non-adherence.
CareTrack provides a configurable system to monitor Medicare patients out-of-office, while enabling the physician to provide targeted support and efficiently manage their patient population. CareTrack’s Medicare reimbursable system helps patients maintain care plan adherence to prevent critical issues that cause readmissions and recurrences.
Benefits of CareTrack for both practices and patients include:
- Coordinate better continuity of care by enabling physicians, staff, practice, and care team members to work from the same adherence playbook.
- Provide an early warning system for physicians and their staff to identify at-risk patients by monitoring patient adherence with the latest information.
- Reduce staff’s workload by enabling them to better prioritize patient appointments and filter the “noise” coming from chronic condition monitoring.
- Integrate with your EHR to ensure patient records, documentation, and billing is updated.
- Enable increased Medicare reimbursement per patient, better quality metrics management, and additional preventive service/screenings utilization.
Like a “check engine” light for your chronic patients, CareTrack provides patients with a powerful management tool to continuously monitor potential issues. Discover how CareTrack helps you manage the Medicare population and increases your net revenue by an average of $189,000 per physician.